There are several types of insurance that are potentially relevant to you as a practitioner. The most important is the ‘Professional Indemnity Insurance’ and ‘Public Liability Insurance’. Both of these are necessary in the unlikely event that a client decided to sue you.

Public Liability Insurance – This covers you if a member of the public, i.e. a client or passer-by is injured on your premises or if their personal property is damaged in any way.

Professional Indemnity Insurance – This protects you should a client decide to sue you claiming personal injury or damage as a result of treatments carried out by you.

Employer’s Liability Insurance – This is only necessary if you hire others to work for you. This type of insurance would cover you should a member of your staff have an injury on your premises.

Product Liability Insurance – This insurance is important if you plan to use, manufacture or sell products as part of your business. This will protect you in the event that a client is dissatisfied with the product or experiences a reaction to using the product.

Car Insurance – If a car is used for business purposes, ensure that this is covered by the policy and that theft of equipment is included.

Where can I get insurance?

Students will be able to gain insurance from the following provider listed below, upon successful completion of your training:

Insurer name: Insync

Contact Number:  01200 309516

Email Address: [email protected]


Referral- ENHANCE1

Enhance Me Academy has checked with a variety of insurers to confirm that you are able to gain insurance regardless of if you are new to the industry or are already working within the hair, beauty & aesthetics industry.