PRP used for aesthetic procedures is safe for most individuals between the ages of 18 -80. There are very few contraindications, however, patients with the following conditions should not have PRP.
1) Acute and Chronic Infections
2) Skin diseases (i.e., SLE, porphyria, allergies)
4) Chemotherapy treatments
5) Severe metabolic and systemic disorders
6) Abnormal platelet function (blood disorders including Haemodynamic Instability, Hypofibrinogenemia, Critical Thrombocytopenia)
7)Chronic Liver Pathology
9) Underlying Sepsis
10) Systemic use of corticosteroids within two weeks of the procedure.