Vitamin B12 Training Course
On this course you will learn how to administer B12 injections Via the Enhance My Health methods.
16 hours guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This acts as pre- study for an intensive one-day practical study of the routine in class.
Half a day Practical in the Classroom, 9.30 – 2.30. We will provide you with a model for the practical and assessment.
Please dress in clinic wear to meet with health and safety legislation.
ACCREDITED BY CPD ACCREDITATION GROUP
- Role and responsibilities
- Accountability guidelines and requirements
- Pernicious anaemia and other macrocytic anaemia’s: an overview
- B12 and autoimmune disorders
- Risk factors
- Causes of B12 deficiency
- B12 injections and common side effects
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Circumstances in which to obtain advice and or action
- Could it be B12 Deficiency
- Side effects and management including ADR’s
- At risk groups
- Contraindications and Precautions
- Correct Administration and techniques including practical session
- Injection sites
- Advice post injection
- Communication with patients and families
- Legal Issues including consent
- Prescribing Issues – Patient Specific Directions
- What to record
- Disposal of injections/waste
- Infection control
- Patient safety
- Needle stick injuries
- Competence and supervised practice
- PCT/Practice Documentation policy
- Facts and Figures
If you would like to browse our course dates or make a booking then please see the calendar below. Dates highlighted in Green are when courses are running, if you cant find what you are looking for them please press ‘Next’ to check the following weeks timetable.