On this course you will learn how to perform Dermaplaning.
16 hours guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This acts as pre- study for an intensive one-day practical study of the routine in class.
1 Day Practical in the Classroom, 9.30 – 4.30, followed by 6 case studies. We will provide you with a model for the practical and assessment.
Everything you need to learn this treatment is included in this course and will receive a course manual.
Accredited by CPD Accreditation Group
- Purpose of Dermaplaning and the benefits
- Preparation of the work area and the client
- Hygiene, Health & Safety
- Consultation and timings including Data protection
- Skin types
- Skin analysis
- Demaplaning blade selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Safe handling of blades, before, during and after treatment
- Product knowledge
- Setting up
- Treatment procedure
- Results clients can expect
- Contractions and aftercare advice
- Treatment planning and pricing
What is Dermaplaning
Dermaplaning is an advanced form of exfoliating treatment performed using a scalpel to remove the outermost layers of the skin and vellus hair(peach fuzz). This process is painless and very safe but is only recommended for the face. Not only will you achieve smoother, brighter skin but this also helps remove vellus hair. Despite popular belief, the hair does not grow back thicker as it is removed at a 45 degree angle.
Some of the benefits include
- Removes surface dead/keratinised skin cells
- Removes unwanted vellus hair (peach fuzz)
- Skin has a nice, healthy glow
- Skin feels incredibly soft and smooth
- Non-traumatic method of skin rejuvenation
- Can accentuate facial features and make clients look slimmer
- Can be used in pregnant women who may be contraindicated to other treatments such chemical peels etc.
- Make-up glides on effortlessly for a flawless finish
- Allows topical products to be absorbed more readily into the deeper layers of the skin
- Exfoliation treatment of choice for extremely sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, or visible facial veins
- Perfect treatment to upsell alongside our Enhance Me Chemical Peels & Resurfacers
If you would like to browse our course dates or make a booking then please see the calendar below. Dates highlighted in Green are when courses are running, if you cant find what you are looking for them please press ‘Next’ to check the following weeks timetable.